My name is Cathryn Rachel Duncan and I am a sole trader, operating as Duncan Proofreading, offering freelance proofreading services.
What data I collect:
- email address
- postal address
- phone number
- academic institution
- information regarding project (length, subject, timescale etc).
How I use the data:
- to respond to enquiries
- to correspond with clients
- to send invoices
- to comply with HMRC requirements
- to receive payments from clients.
I do not use this data for marketing purposes and will never publish a testimonial without prior consent.
Where I store data:
- Emails and related information are stored in my password-protected email account.
- Work files are stored on the hard drive of my password-protected computer and backed up on my external hard drive and to Dropbox.
Platforms and providers:
How long I keep data for:
Personal data (as described above) is stored in order to keep records for returning clients and to comply with the UK tax authority, HMRC.
HMRC require relevant records to be kept for a minimum of 5–7 years.
Please let me know if you want any personal data to be deleted. As long as it is not required for tax audit purposes, I will be happy to do so.
I will not share your data with anyone unless required to do so by law, or unless I am given express permission in writing.